Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's a .....

GIRL!


That's right, we are having a sweet, sweet baby girl! We went to First Glimpse in Baton Rouge. This place was amazing. It looked nothing like a doctor's office. It was so relaxing. We got into our room and there were big screen TVs on the walls and soft music was playing. I laid down on the table & Cody sat next to me. We held hands and watched the lady try to figure out the gender of our baby! The baby was so curled up but after about 5-10 minutes of moving her around ... we got a good "between the legs" shot, and there was absolutely nothing there! We were very shocked, because for some reason, we had it in our minds that we were definitely having a baby boy. Of course I cried (tears of joy!) once the lady said it was definitely a girl! After that, the lady kept calling the baby "she" & "her" and I believe that's when it really set in for me! The baby was so precious and sweet, and slept through the entire ultrasound. For being so tiny, she had some long skinny feet, just like her daddy! We could clearly see her spine, ribs, and all of her other bones. She was only about 5 inches long & 5 ounces in weight. Her little profile was so beautiful though. It amazed me that she was so formed already at only 5 inches long. It was definitely one of those "God moments". We got a DVD of the entire ultrasound and 10 ultrasound pictures. Afterwards, of all the good places to eat in Baton Rouge, I wanted Raisin Cane's very badly. So that's where we ate!




Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Kumi. My blood pressure was normal & at 18 weeks 1 day pregnant, I have gained 5 pounds. I didn't tell him I knew the sex of my baby because I wanted to see if he could see if it was definitely a girl. He did an ultrasound & came to the conclusion that we are definitely having a baby girl! After the ultrasound, I had to give three tubes of blood. They are testing my blood to see if the baby has Down's Syndrome and for a few other things. Hopefully we will get some good results!




And now the shopping begins. I feel really, really bad for Cody's wallet/bank account. Little girl stuff is just way too precious. I have already ordered her crib & changing table. I have so many ideas for her room & I can't wait to get started on all of them! 




I had a few ideas for names but one really stuck out in my mind. Cody wasn't very picky when it came to her name (which I am SO thankful for). I like unique, girly names so having said that .. her sweet little name will be ....


Emerson Claire Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment